Operation Oswego County recognizes and presents awards to a total of three (3) businesses or organizations and (2) individuals each year at its Annual Meeting.
- must be a municipality, for profit or not-for-profit organization;
- must make a significant contribution to the economic development process in Oswego County; and
- such contribution must be outstanding within the organization’s ordinary scope of services.
2016 Ally Award — Picured are, from left, Nick Canale, COIDA board member/UEJ member, Barbara Bateman, OOC board president, Gary Toth, COIDA vice chair/UEJ member, Ted Skerpon, IBEW 97 president and business manager, Carolyn Rush, COIDA chair/UEJ member, L. Michael Treadwell, OOC executive director.
- 1987 Niagara Mohawk
- 1988 County of Oswego Department of Employment & Training
- 1989 NYS Department of Economic Development, CNY Regional Office
- 1990 Oswego County BOCES
- 1991 New York JDA
- 1992 Ed Vayner & Associates
- 1993 Greater Oswego Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Oswego County Building and Construction Trades Council
- 1995 SUNY Oswego
- 1996 Niagara Mohawk / Fulton Savings Bank
- 1997 Oswego County Dept. of Planning & Community Development & Oswego County Planning Board
- 1998 NYS Empire State Development
- 1999 NYS Office of Recycling Market Development
- 2000 U.S. Small Business Administration, Syracuse District Office
- 2001 Local News, Inc.
- 2002 SUNY Oswego SBDC
- 2003 Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board
- 2004 Niagara Mohawk
- 2005 Empire State Development
- 2006 International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers, Local 43 and the United Association Of Plumbers And Steamfitters, Local 73
- 2007 Entergy Nuclear and Oswego County Public Utility Service
- 2008 Port of Oswego Authority
- 2009 U.S. Small Business Administration
- 2010 National Grid
- 2011 USDA Rural Development
- 2012 CenterState CEO
- 2013 Pathfinder Bank
- 2014 Empire State Development Corporation
- 2015 Oswego County Division of Employment and Training — One–Stop Center
- 2016 Upstate Energy Jobs Coalition
Business Excellence Award
- must be a private sector organization in Oswego County;
- must show adaptation and growth in a competitive business environment;
- must provide quality service and customer choice to its customers;
- must have received professional recognition for recent accomplishments or have passed a unique milestone in history; and
- must exhibit ongoing community service or support of community programs through donations of time and monetary resources.
2016 Business Excellence Award — Pictured are, from left, Barbara Bateman, OOC board president, Jim Meyers, UMW general manager, John Sharkey IV, UMW vice president, John Sharkey III, UMW president, and L. Michael Treadwell, OOC executive director.
- 1995 GEO Hotel Co., Inc.
- 1996 Sithe Energies
- 1997 Fulton Tool Company
- 1998 Fulton Savings Bank
- 1999 Oswego Health, Inc.
- 2000 Agrilink Foods, Inc.
- 2001 Wayne Drug Company
- 2002 New York Bold, LLC
- 2003 Entergy Nuclear Northeast
- 2004 The Fulton Companies
- 2005 Oswego County National Bank
- 2006 Oswego Industries, Inc.
- 2007 Eagle Beverage Company
- 2008 Novelis
- 2009 Bosco & Geers Food Market
- 2010 Healthway Home Products
- 2011 Oswego County Opportunities, Inc.
- 2012 Huhtamaki
- 2013 R.M. Burritt Motors, Inc.
- 2014 Pathfinder Industries
- 2015 Behling Orchards
- 2016 Universal Metal Works
- must be a private sector employer in Oswego County;
- must make a significant capital investment and/or significant creation/retention of jobs in Oswego County; and
- must make a significant, overall impact on the Oswego County economy.
2016 Jobs Award — Pictured are, from left, Barbara Bateman, OOC board president, Christian Morgia, Kevin Dorsey and Daniel Dorsey, Jr., co-owners, Eagle Beverage Co., and L. Michael Treadwell, OOC executive director.
- 1986 Blount Lumber
- 1987 General Foods
- 1988 Oswego Wire
- 1989 Morrill Press
- 1990 Alcan Aluminum Corporation
- 1991 Hammermill Papers
- 1992 Miller Brewery
- 1993 St. Luke’s Health Care Facility
- 1994 Nestle Chocolate & Confections
- 1995 Reynolds Metals
- 1996 Sealright Packaging Company
- 1997 Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- 1998 Oswego Wire, Inc.
- 1999 Crysteel Manufacturing, Inc.
- 2000 Seneca Hill Manor, Inc.
- 2001 North Coast Software, Inc.
- 2002 Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide
- 2003 Wal-Mart of Central Square
- 2004 Wise Buys Stores, Inc.
- 2005 New York Chocolate and Confections Company
- 2006 Lowe’s Home Improvement
- 2007 Felix Schoeller Technical Papers
- 2008 Kinney Drugs, Inc.
- 2009 Constellation Energy
- 2010 Oswego Health
- 2011 Sunoco, Inc.
- 2012 The Fulton Companies
- 2013 Novelis Corporation
- 2014 Felix Schoeller North America
- 2015 Champlian Valley Specialty
- 2016 Eagle Beverage Co.
Dee Heckethorn Entrepreneur Award
- must be an individual who has a business in Oswego County;
- must bring an innovative product or service to Oswego County that acts as a catalyst for further economic growth; and
- must assume considerable initiative and risk bringing their product or service to Oswego County.
2016 Dee Heckethorn Award — Pictured are, from left, Barbara Bateman, OOC board president, Atom and Falecia Avery, owners of the Beacon Hotel, and L. Michael Treadwell, OOC executive director.
- 2007 Douglas Caster
- 2008 Pat Jones
- 2009 Randy Yerden
- 2010 Heidi Hazen-Forte
- 2011 Edward Alberts
- 2012 George (Buddy) Broadwell
- 2013 Vincent G. Lobdell
- 2014 Gregory Furlong & Patrick Furlong
- 2015 Norman E. Swanson
- 2016 Atom & Falecia Avery
Martin Rose Economic Developer Merit Award
- must be an individual who is not a professional economic developer;
- must have a record of exhibiting outstanding leadership, support and/or cooperation in furthering economic development efforts in Oswego County; and
- must have a record of creating and implementing economic development strategies which benefit Oswego County.
2016 Martin Rose Award — Pictured are, from left, Barbara Bateman, OOC board president, Thomas W. Schneider, president, Pathfinder Bank and L. Michael Treadwell, OOC executive director.
- 1986 H. Willard Pierce
- 1987 F. Hosmer Culkin
- 1988 Martin Rose
- 1989 Eben Poland
- 1990 Arthur Clawson
- 1991 Hollis Iselin
- 1992 Hon. John M. McHugh
- 1993 Hon. H. Douglas Barclay
- 1994 Donald S. Voorhies
- 1995 Arthur W. Ospelt
- 1996 Hon. James W. Wright
- 1997 Louis R. Pettinelli
- 1998 Hon. Frances Sullivan
- 1999 Steven W. Thomas
- 2000 Dee C. Heckethorn
- 2001 Lawrence O’Brien, Sr.
- 2002 Eugene G. Saloga
- 2003 Carolyn A. Rush
- 2004 Bruce B. Phelps
- 2005 Nancy J. Bellow
- 2006 Corte J. Spencer
- 2007 William A. Barclay
- 2008 Thomas S. Weatherup
- 2009 George Joyce
- 2010 Morris Sorbello
- 2011 Deborah Stanley
- 2012 Gary Toth
- 2013 Ronald L. Woodward, Sr.
- 2014 Ann C. Gilpin
- 2015 Lawrence R. Perras
- 2016 Thomas W. Schneider