Operation Oswego County recognizes and presents
awards to a total of three (3) businesses or organizations and (2)
individuals each year at its Annual Meeting.
- must be a municipality, for profit or not-for-profit organization;
- must make a significant contribution to the economic development
process in Oswego County; and
- such contribution must be outstanding within the organization’s
ordinary scope of services.
- 1987 Niagara Mohawk
- 1988 County of Oswego Department of Employment & Training
- 1989 NYS Department of Economic Development, CNY Regional Office
- 1990 Oswego County BOCES
- 1991 New York JDA
- 1992 Ed Vayner & Associates
- 1993 Greater Oswego Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Oswego County Building and Construction Trades Council
- 1995 SUNY Oswego
- 1996 Niagara Mohawk / Fulton Savings Bank
- 1997 Oswego County Department of Planning and Community Development
and Oswego County Planning Board
- 1998 NYS Empire State Development
- 1999 NYS Office of Recycling Market Development
- 2000 U.S. Small Business Administration, Syracuse District Office
- 2001 Local News, Inc.
- 2002 SUNY Oswego SBDC
- 2003 Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board
- 2004 Niagara Mohawk
- 2005 Empire State Development
- 2006 International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers, Local
43 and the United Association Of Plumbers And Steamfitters, Local
- 2007 Entergy Nuclear and Oswego County Public Utility Service
- 2008 Port of Oswego Authority
- 2009 U.S. Small Business Administration
- 2010 National Grid
- 2011 USDA Rural Development
- 2012 CenterState CEO
Business Excellence Award
- must be a private sector organization in Oswego County;
- must show adaptation and growth in a competitive business environment;
- must provide quality service and customer choice to its customers;
- must have received professional recognition for recent accomplishments
or have passed a unique milestone in history; and
- must exhibit ongoing community service or support of community
programs through donations of time and monetary resources.
Past Award Recipients
- 1995 GEO Hotel Co., Inc.
- 1996 Sithe Energies
- 1997 Fulton Tool Company
- 1998 Fulton Savings Bank
- 1999 Oswego Health, Inc.
- 2000 Agrilink Foods, Inc.
- 2001 Wayne Drug Company
- 2002 New York Bold, LLC
- 2003 Entergy Nuclear Northeast
- 2004 The Fulton Companies
- 2005 Oswego County National Bank
- 2006 Oswego Industries, Inc.
- 2007 Eagle Beverage Company
- 2008 Novelis
- 2009 Bosco & Geers Food Market
- 2010 Healthway Home Products
- 2011 Oswego County Opportunities, Inc.
- 2012 Huhtamaki
- must be a private sector employer in Oswego County;
- must make a significant capital investment and/or significant
creation/retention of jobs in Oswego County; and
- must make a significant, overall impact on the Oswego County
- 1986 Blount Lumber
- 1987 General Foods
- 1988 Oswego Wire
- 1989 Morrill Press
- 1990 Alcan Aluminum Corporation
- 1991 Hammermill Papers
- 1992 Miller Brewery
- 1993 St. Luke’s Health Care Facility
- 1994 Nestle Chocolate & Confections
- 1995 Reynolds Metals
- 1996 Sealright Packaging Company
- 1997 Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- 1998 Oswego Wire, Inc.
- 1999 Crysteel Manufacturing, Inc.
- 2000 Seneca Hill Manor, Inc.
- 2001 North Coast Software, Inc.
- 2002 Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide
- 2003 Wal-Mart of Central Square
- 2004 Wise Buys Stores, Inc.
- 2005 New York Chocolate and Confections Company
- 2006 Lowe’s Home Improvement
- 2007 Felix Schoeller Technical Papers
- 2008 Kinney Drugs, Inc.
- 2009 Constellation Energy
- 2010 Oswego Health
- 2011 Sunoco, Inc.
- 2012 The Fulton Companies
Dee Heckethorn Entrepreneur Award
- Must be an individual who has a business in Oswego County;
- Must bring an innovative product or service to Oswego County
that acts as a catalyst for further economic growth; and
- Must assume considerable initiative and risk bringing their
product or service to Oswego County.
Past Award Recipients
- 2007 Douglas Caster
- 2008 Pat Jones
- 2009 Randy Yerden
- 2010 Heidi Hazen-Forte
- 2011 Edward Alberts
- 2012 George (Buddy) Broadwell
Martin Rose Economic Developer Merit Award
- must be an individual who is not a professional economic developer;
- must have a record of exhibiting outstanding leadership, support
and/or cooperation in furthering economic development efforts
in Oswego County; and
- must have a record of creating and implementing economic development
strategies which benefit Oswego County.
- 1986 H. Willard Pierce
- 1987 F. Hosmer Culkin
- 1988 Martin Rose
- 1989 Eben Poland
- 1990 Arthur Clawson
- 1991 Hollis Iselin
- 1992 Hon. John M. McHugh
- 1993 Hon. H. Douglas Barclay
- 1994 Donald S. Voorhies
- 1995 Arthur W. Ospelt
- 1996 Hon. James W. Wright
- 1997 Louis R. Pettinelli
- 1998 Hon. Frances Sullivan
- 1999 Steven W. Thomas
- 2000 Dee C. Heckethorn
- 2001 Lawrence O’Brien, Sr.
- 2002 Eugene G. Saloga
- 2003 Carolyn A. Rush
- 2004 Bruce B. Phelps
- 2005 Nancy J. Bellow
- 2006 Corte J. Spencer
- 2007 William A. Barclay
- 2008 Thomas S. Weatherup
- 2009 George Joyce
- 2010 Morris Sorbello
- 2011 Deborah Stanley
- 2012 Gary Toth